Wellbeing links for families
- For families in Lambeth in need of emergency food - Lambeth Larder Community Food Resource is a social enterprise based in South London. They help connect local people to emergency food and other support. Follow this link to find out more, http://www.lambethlarder.org/
- For families in Southwark (and surrounding boroughs) in need of emergency food - Please follow this link, https://www.southwark.gov.uk/health-and-wellbeing/public-health/for-the-public/coronavirus/food-access#I%20am%20unable%20to%20afford%20food
- The mental health charity Mind has created a Coronavirus and your wellbeing page, that offers very practical and clear advice. https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/
- Coping with self-isolation Discover Tips
- A letter to students from the School Nursing Team, Friday 27th March 2020
- Advice on Corona Virus and school closure from the Government's Children's Commissioner
- The charity Youngminds has useful guides to support young people during these uncertain times and has activities that focus on dealing with anxiety.
What to do if you're anxious about coronavirus https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/what-to-do-if-you-re-anxious-about-coronavirus/
How to make a self soothe-box https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/how-to-make-a-self-soothe-box/
- Newsround has a daily news rundown for young people -https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/news/watch_newsround
- Helpline services available include,
Youngminds- Crisis Messenger Provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK if you are experiencing a mental health crisis. If you need urgent help text YM to 85258. All texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors. Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus. https://youngminds.org.uk/?gclid=EAlalQoChMI-Yavra3D6AIVTEHTCh3rOAc6EAAYASAAEglaUPD
Children- Comforts, advises and protects children 24 hours a day and offers free confidential counselling. Phone 0800 1111 (24 hours) and Chat 1-2-1 with a counsellor online. https://www.childline.org.uk/
For parents and students:
A series of thinking, discussion-based and doing activities for students and parents to complete together:
- Head First- An Emotional Health Toolkit
- Head First- Thinking about Stress Pt 1 'Identification'
- Head First- Thinking about Stress Pt 2 'The Stress Bucket'
- Head First- Helpful and Unhelpful Worries